Saturday 16 July 2011

Simple Life,Simple Man

All I ever wanted was a normal apple pie life.You know,family of four,dog,white picket fence.It's funny how the world works,you're given something the exact opposite of what you really want.I'm not saying that you can't actually work towards something else that you really want though.Yeah,and I want a normal life.Normal teres house,grow up with both parents,four grandparents,cousins to play with.School,highschool,maybe getting lectured for using the phone for too long,or the computer.Maybe a girlfriend in between?Vacation during the holidays.Then 3 years of college,graduate.Lived in a paid house when I'm an adult,get married,visit parents during the New years.Have an occasional barbeque on Friday evenings with the whole neighbourhood.Saturday golf session with clients and even fishing,gardening,mowing the lawn?Sunday charity work,church or picnic with the family.I know it seems boring,think of it however you see fit.Truth is,something is boring,only if you do it with boring people.Otherwise,you'd have fun.

Instead of that,I spent half of my 18 years not enjoying food
and the other half bent on revenge
Surrounded by people,who are exactly the opposite of I am
The kind which I don't understand,which I despise
and no,this is not a temper tantrum
My only family is the mirror
I honestly don't know what am I aiming towards anymore
No more apple pie.No more kids.No more white picket fence.
I'm nothing more than an empty shell that has revenge as a friend
Maybe that's the reason why I avoid any sort of relationships
If I don't gain anything,I don't lose anything
But hey,I'm not depressed,it's just a task I have to complete before resuming my dream of a simple life
Because I am a simple kind of man

 

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment