Tuesday 5 July 2011

Purpose of Existance

One day,woman A and man A fell in love.Then they decided to get married after a reasonable amount of time they've been together.That was a big step.However,not the biggest step in life.After they lived together for a significant time,woman A and man A started a family.After nine months of pregnancy,the zygote which evolved into a fetus which finally became an infant,was born.It's time of birth is recorded as proof of existancy.Seems like a happy ending don't it?

Well,not if you think of it in the point of view of the new born individual.For it,it's the beginning of all beginnings. Mother of beginnings."So,now that I'm brought to this world,what do I do?","Why are we here?","What is life all about?" and "What is the meaning of it all?".No doubt,each and everyone out there has thought about it at least once or twice.And no doubt as well,many did not manage to get the answer. However,through time and again,many philosophers had conclude many reason as to for what purpose we were born for.Which one is your definition of the purpose of life?

  1. To realise one's potential and ideals
  2. To achieve perfection biologically
  3. To seek wisdom and knowledge
  4. To do good and do the right thing
  5. To attain spiritual enlightenment
  6. To love,to feel and to enjoy life
  7. To have power,to be superior amongst others
  8. Life has no meaning

So,are we suppose to be biglogically programmed to repay our debt to our parents and show gratitude? Should we always be kind to others?Must we never treat others bad?Do we have to suffer so that others may enjoy peace?The answer to all of the above is no,no,no and no.My opinion though.Who says we have to repay our debt?This 'law' was passed down to younger generations to prevent them from stepping over the elder ones and avoid disrespect.Is this rational?Is this realistic?Do you think anyone would be satisfied with fake love,fake respect and fake gratitude?Definitely not.We don't repay our debt because we 'have' to,it's because we want to.We sometimes have to be cruel instead of kind,if we truly want happiness for another. Sometimes it's not always about being the good guy,it's about doing the right thing even though you'll hurt another.Never ever suffer for other's happiness because it is not true happiness.If the one you really care for or love really understood your feelings,they'd suffer alongside with you instead.Two is better than one right?It's all about want.No,having so many 'wants' is not selfish.It is sincere,as it comes from the bottom of the heart.

  • I want to show gratitude because I appreciate not because it is the law
  • I want you to be happy because I don't want you to be sad not because I like it only when you're happy
  • I want to study because I want to succeed in life not because my parents threatened me
  • I want to donate because I want the handicapped to have a better life not because i pity them
  • I want to love because I love who I love not because of appearances nor good qualities
Now do you get what I mean?

I had an answer of my own years ago.To do what I want,when I want,where I want,however I want,with whoever I want.In the end it's God's decision to respect my way of life or not.He created us to live our own lives and search for the meaning in it along the way instead of guiding us directly he nudges us into our destiny,the right path.Thus,it is for Him to know and for us to find out.So,never discriminate him for not answering to your prayers.Life is not easy,however, it is never complicated as well.It's not the best answer nor even a correct answer because the shape,size and version of every individual's way of life is different depending on their decision of how it is.But,it will and always be my way of life.Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment