Monday 4 July 2011

Irony

Nope.The iron in irony or ironic don’t stand for ironing the clothes.It means action or situation which are exactly the opposite of reality or what is really happening at the moment. Ironic statements or verbal irony typically imply a meaning that is exactly the opposite to their literal meaning.

Take for instance this story that happened to my uncle few months back;

I have an aunt,lets call her aunt A alright.She basically has a screw lose in her head but refused to admit it(who would anyway?) and still potrays herself as the most successful among her siblings.Sometimes even bragging about her “achievements” like , hmm… doing the dishes? Or buying groceries? Yeah even 12 year old can do that.Oh and she earns like RM300 plus minus a month.MONTH.She has a son,which she won the custody of having him after filling a divorce with her husband who still pays his share payment for his son’s needs.My cousin,is also abnormal unfortunately,or not?He didn’t sat for UPSR nor PMR and he is 16 years old now.I guess you could categorise him as ‘special’.Well enough with the introductions.Aunt A has a hobby,which drifted towards the side of obsession.It’s watching television. She can even watch the news for hours,all she needs is the TV to be on.Anyway,recently aunt A’s landlord kicked her out for delaying her rental fee for half-a-freaking year.So,my uncle(uncle B) offered to help her.He’d pay for the rent,allowing aunt A to not get kicked out.However, he had a condition,he said the TV must be taken away from her.She freaked out and got extremely mad. She threatened to call the police about a property theft against her own brother who,was willing to pay her rent.Then,she said ,“You shouldn’t treat the television like it’s so important,sigh”.What the hell? The irony in that is super obvious.Aunt A treasured the television because she’s obsessed with tv programs and she advice others to not treat the TV so importantly.Sigh,crazy lady.
 Next,we have situations which are often said to be ironic or situational irony which means If the actions taken have an effect exactly opposite from what was intended.

Take for instance this story that happened to me on Saturday;

In the noon about 12pm I had thought of a title for my next blog entry.It’s hobbies.To be specific, something we enjoy doing.Just when I wanted to start blogging,I was invited for badminton.So,I thought.Hey,maybe if I attend I could get inspired further.Oh by the way,I love badminton.The intensity, the integrity and the pleasure of smashing somebody with the thought of destroying him.Yeah, that’s, true happiness.Anyway,so I had a great time playing the sport.After that,I fully intended to go straight home and blog.But.Then, I was asked to go for a drink.So,I’m like,no harm right?Drank and chat till about 1:30am in the morning.Sent the guys home as usual,then BOOM!What happened?I turn left at a junction without the realisation that another car was speeding from the right.Yes,I’m still alive.However, the day turned out exactly how I want it not to happen.Thus,I’ve lost the mood to blog when I got home and that brings us to this topic,Irony.You can see how excited I was to go for badminton and blog about  ‘stuff that we enjoy’ and the worst thing happens.P.S. sorry to those lifes i've put at risk,the owner of the car whose plate number is WNK 8978 and to the one that i've worried.

Piece of advice before I end this
When the clock strikes 2
Just go to sleep
Because nothing good ever happens after 2am
Go home.Go to bed.Go to sleep.
Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment