Tuesday 25 October 2011

Time in the hospital

Apologies for going on a hiatus.Been busy with some errands.When I do have the time,I somehow didn't felt like blogging.But when I felt like blogging,I didn't have the time.Anyway,lets talk about hospitals and everything related to it such as doctors,nurses,patients,visitors and stuff.So recently my little brother was hospitalised only because of my mother who overreacts to every abnormal condition her kids have.When I say hospitalised,it really is just massive vomitting.Sure it's okay to be a little pampered once in a while but never make it a daily thing.He's eight and he doesn't even know how to get water(to drink) on his own.So I took the chance to teach him how to,and he's doing it like he's done it everyday.Mother says she doesn't want the hot water to burn him.That's not called caring.Why not teach him to do it on his own,and if he does get burned once,he'll know to be careful some other time.Like the old saying,give the man a fish,he eats for a day.Teach the man how to fish,he eats forever.Don't give me the think-about-how-she-feels judgement.I'm not so simple minded as to list out my opinions without a thought.Anyway this leads us to,me staying in the hospital waiting for the emergency doctor from 11pm till 2am.After that it was recommended that my brother be admitted to the hospital for monitoring purposes.Fyi,it was the Sunway Medical Centre.My mother stayed in the hospital and I drove home.The next day,I drove there and back two times each so that my mother gets to shower and eat etc etc.The third day,I drove there and waited for 3 hours for the bill and then my brother was discharged from the ward.

So here's my problem.To be clear,my brother did not suffer at all the whole time.So I did as my mother told me to and drive here and there because I wanted to test her theory of 'caring'.No doubt,love comes with suffering.But,isn't it simplier to just NOT FALL SICK?I'm saying this because both of them,my mother and brother gets sick often.Everyone's idea of love is to stand by one's side when they are in need.Why can't they just do something simplier and not worry or cause trouble to anyone.Here's my idea of love : when I start to get ill,I do something about it myself and refuse to go to the doctor because it will cost money.I didn't even tell anyone about being sick except my blog.I can't really blame my brother,he's still a kid.Ever since he was young he had lung problems.And instead of exercising,my mother chose vitamins and chinese herbs.I never had the right to voice out my opinion.It's okay if I have nothing to do with my brother,but when she needs help,I 'MUST' help otherwise she'll get emotional and that will piss me off so much.When she doesn't need help,I'm the guy who teaches-my-brother-in-the-wrong-way-and-don't-know-anything.And everytime either of them get sick,I have to deal with her emotional state.I will never understand why we have to pity and comfort emotional people.It's like,I'm emo = I'm the boss = please pay attention and act according to my reaction.I really hope I don't burst out on the wrong person one day,but I'm really at my limit.Though I learned something at my time at the hospital which is related to some lyric I heard in a Christian song.Those people waiting at the hospital,most of them were couples,because their child fell sick.Both the mom and dad were there,except my brother's.The lyric I heard in the song was,"Fathers were not made to leave".So I think ya'll get my point.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment